In today’s fast-paced society, local gyms often pose significant challenges, such as overcrowding and high membership fees. With busy schedules and the need for motivation to leave the comfort of home, establishing a consistent workout routine may seem daunting.
However, fear not! The solution lies in creating your own home gym. Not only does this save time and money, but it also provides a flexible workout schedule tailored to your lifestyle.
With a home gym, you can enjoy the benefits of privacy, personalized training routines, and other advantages that can enhance your fitness journey.
Whether you’re looking for a full-scale setup or just want to add a few pieces to your current routine, there’s something out there to suit everyone.
To help you find the perfect items for your home exercise space, we’ve rounded up our top 10 picks of the best home gym machines of 2023.
Our Picks for the Best Home Gyms of 2023
- Best Home Gym Overall: Force USA G6 All-In-One Trainer
- Best Home Gym for Weight Loss: Crossrope AMP
- Best Home Gym for Small Spaces: Echelon Fitness Reflect Touch
- Best Portable Home Gym: TRX Home2 System
- Best All-In-One Home Gym: Force USA X20 Pro
- Best Budget Home Gym: Gold’s Gym XRS 50
- Best Smart Home Gym: Speediance
- Best Home Gym Treadmill: Sole F80
- Best Home Gym Rowing Machine: Hydrow Wave
- Best Home Gym for Beginners: Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack
- The setup can just about replace an entire gym’s worth of equipment.
- The cable machines offer up to 110 pounds of resistance with the 2:1 pulley ratio.
- It includes safety bars, so you can feel safe working out alone.
- The weight plates and bench are sold separately.
- It’s a tall machine, so pullups may not work in spaces with low ceilings.
The Force USA G6 All-In-One Trainer is a highly regarded home gym machine that offers a wide range of workout options. With its 9-in-1 design, which can be upgraded to 11-in-1, this machine provides versatility and convenience for fitness enthusiasts.
One of the standout features of the Force USA G6 is its functional trainer’s selectorized weight stack system. This system allows for quick and easy adjustment of weights, making workouts seamless and efficient.
According to reviews, users are impressed with the workout variety offered by the G6’s functional trainer. The machine is reported to provide smooth and effective movements, comparable to high-end gym equipment.
In terms of build quality, the Force USA G6 receives positive feedback. Users describe it as sturdy and strong, ensuring durability for long-term use. Additionally, the compact yet robust design of the G6 allows for an impressive number of exercise options, making it suitable for various fitness goals.
Although the Force USA G6 is praised for its excellent build quality and smooth operation, some users mention minor drawbacks. However, these drawbacks do not overshadow the overall positive experience with the machine.
- Dimensions: 91 inches tall, 72 inches wide and64 inches deep
- Exercise Emphasis: Resistance training, Bodybuilding, General Fitness, Crable Training, Suspension Training
- Highlights: A full gym suite, great utility, up to 11 different machines in one
- Price: $3,499.99
- HIIT, cardio and jump rope enthusiasts
- Those who want built-in technology in their home gym
- Those working with limited space or are on the go
- Shoppers on a budget, as up-front cost and membership fees can get pricey
The Crossrope Amp is a jump rope set that offers an enhanced workout experience with variable rope weights and a sleek app. According to Gear Patrol, it upgrades your jump rope routine and provides versatility in targeting different muscle groups.
Users on Reddit find the Crossrope Amp worth the cost, although the handles being sold separately is mentioned as a drawback. While the $199 price tag may seem high, CNN Underscored notes the premium build and performance of the product.
GearJunkie also highlights the value of the Crossrope Amp compared to basic jump ropes. With over 20,000 five-star reviews, users appreciate the effectiveness and calorie-burning workouts provided by Crossrope.
- Bluetooth-enabled handles and three weighted ropes included
- Jump rope works with an app to track your progress
- Opt for three workout “modes” that range from personalized workout to benchmark testing
- Users with small home gyms
- Those who want equipment that blends in with their home
- People who want access to classes anytime
- Shoppers who don’t want to pay extra for a membership
- Those who want extra features and accessories with their mirror
The Echelon Reflect Touch is a smart fitness mirror that offers an interactive workout experience. According to Garage Gym Reviews, it is similar to the MIRROR but may have lower production quality and does not include additional equipment like dumbbells.
However, the Reflect takes up very little floor space and can even be mounted on a wall, as mentioned by Wired.
PCMag highlights its attractive design and wide range of live and on-demand classes for various workouts. Users on Peekatthis.com find the Reflect Touch fun to use and appreciate its enhanced functionality.
The 50-inch version of the Reflect, according to Treadmill Review Guru, doubles as workout equipment during the day and a stylish wall mirror at night. CoachWeb mentions enjoying the workout experience with the Reflect, despite some technical issues. Smart Gym Reviews notes that while the Reflect is affordable, it may lack advanced performance tracking features.
Overall, the Echelon Reflect Touch provides an enjoyable and convenient home workout solution through its smart mirror technology.
- Ideal for small spaces and is installed on a wall
- Offers 50-inch HD touchscreen
- Classes always available from Echelon instructors
- Those looking for lightweight equipment that can be used almost anywhere
- Military members, veterans, students and first responders, who get a 20 percent discount
- Those who prefer to use free weights rather than their own body weight
- Those who weigh over 350 pounds
The TRX Home2 System is a suspension trainer that offers a versatile and effective full-body workout in the comfort of your own home. According to SI.com, it is great for targeting the entire body, strengthening the core, and training with compound movements. Fit&Well mentions that while it may not be the most beginner-friendly system, the wide variety of workouts available keeps it consistently stimulating.
This suspension trainer is praised for its durability and enjoyable user experience. It is considered a top suspension trainer for home workouts. With its lightweight and portable design, it can be easily taken anywhere, making it ideal for travel.
The TRX Home2 System significantly improves core strength and provides a comprehensive strengthening workout, according to The Home Gym.
Overall, the TRX Home2 System is a well-made and versatile suspension trainer that offers a convenient and effective way to stay fit and active at home.
- Comes with TRX Home 2 Suspension Trainer, door anchor, suspension anchor and mesh carry bag
- Six-year warranty
- Membership includes over 500 on-demand and live classes
- $199.95 for equipment + $5.99/month-$19.99/month for membership
- You can perform over 400 different exercises with this machine even before adding the Upgrade Kit.
- This rack’s size creates a gravitas that can draw you in and make you want to use it. It makes a great centerpiece for any gym.
- The X20 Pro combines a functional trainer to target and isolate certain muscles with a power rack to perform heavy compound movements safely.
- This setup may be too complicated for beginners.
- This rack does save space by combining a bunch of machines into one, but the rack itself takes up a large area.
- People on a budget may not like the price tag here.
The Force USA X20 Pro is a multi-trainer that offers versatility, durability, and a high-quality user experience, making it a solid option for home gyms. According to Garage Gym Experiment, this multi-trainer provides a stout and reliable performance, allowing users to perform a variety of exercises.
The X20 Pro’s sandwich j-hooks are praised for their superiority over those used in other units. With a weight capacity of 990 pounds, it caters to both beginners and elite powerlifters. The Home Gym highlights the highly functional trainer station, featuring dual 289 lb stacks and easily adjustable pulleys.
Additionally, the Force USA X20 Pro saves space by combining multiple workout stations into one footprint, according to Garage Gym Pro. Constructed from 7- to 11-gauge steel, it offers sturdy construction, and it comes with 17 attachments, providing users with ample exercise options.
Overall, the Force USA X20 Pro Multi Trainer is a versatile and durable choice for home gym enthusiasts.
- Dimensions: 91 inches tall, 70 inches wide, 86.5 inches deep
- Exercise Emphasis: Resistance training, Bodybuilding, Cross-Training, General Fitness
- Highlights: Extremely versatile with a ton of attachments
- Price: Starting at $4,249
- This is a great value, as you get plenty of muscle-building exercise options for a fair price.
- At around 300 pounds, this is a fairly mobile piece of workout equipment that you can move around your house or apartment.
- You can add onto this machine pretty easily with more attachments to vary the focus of exercises.
- This machine only uses cables, so folks who want to perform strength-building moves like barbell squats and Pendlay rows.
- Advanced athletes may need more than 280 pounds of total resistance.
The Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym is a popular choice for those looking for an introductory-level gym system. With up to 280 pounds of resistance per movement, it provides a decent amount of challenge for beginners.
According to Barbend, it features a four-roll setup for leg exercises, as well as high and low pulley systems for full-body workouts. Customers on Amazon have given it positive reviews, stating that it provides an effective workout and offers good value for the price.
The XRS 50 Home Gym comes with a 112 lb vinyl weight stack, delivering up to 280 lbs of resistance to help develop strength and tone muscles, as mentioned by Top Fitness Mag. It is a cost-effective alternative to an annual gym membership, allowing users to exercise at home without the hassle of going to a gym.
Overall, the Gold’s Gym XRS 50 Home Gym is a suitable option for beginners looking to kick-start their fitness journey in the comfort of their own homes.
- Dimensions: 78.75 inches tall, 38 inches wide, 64 inches long
- Exercise Emphasis: Resistance training, General Fitness
- Highlights: Budget-friendly, heavy resistance available
- Price: $399
- Speediance’s extensive on-demand programming includes programming for strength, stamina and static stretching.
- The programming supports partner workouts, so couples can work out together.
- The cable handles and bar have a Bluetooth button that releases the weight if you fail during a lift.
- The setup comes with a bench, barbell, handles, and a host of other accessories.
- 220 pounds of resistance may not be enough for more advanced lifters.
- If you’re used to using barbells or dumbbells, you may not like having to use cables.
- Additional accessories like an incline bench and row bench cost extra.
The Speediance Home Gym is a highly-rated smart home gym that offers convenience and versatility. According to Barbend, this compact all-in-one gym requires just 10 square feet of space, making it suitable for small workout areas. It is also equipped with wheels for easy mobility.
This home gym machine incorporates smart technology, providing users with a personalized experience. After a strength assessment, it recommends the appropriate weights based on your reps, as mentioned by Garage Gym Reviews. Well+Good highlights that it can be used for various types of workouts, including strength training, cardio, and plyometrics.
The Speediance Gym Monster, as described on Amazon, is lightweight and easy to maneuver. It offers stability and security during lifting exercises, functioning both as a cable machine and a barbell, according to Connect the Watts. T3 commends its mobility, stating that it surpasses many other smart gyms in this aspect.
Overall, the Speediance Home Gym is a valuable option for those seeking a smart and versatile workout solution at home.
- Dimensions:72.8 inches tall, 28 inches wide, 49 inches deep (unfolded), 13 inches deep (folded)
- Exercise Emphasis: Resistance training, Bodybuilding, General Fitness
- Highlights: Online programming, takes up very little space, adaptive programming
- Price: Starting at $2,699
- The Low-profile hood doesn’t get in the way of taller runners.
- The frame and motor both have a lifetime warranty, so you know Sole is confident that this tread will last.
- The easy-assist folding makes it easy to save space when you’re not using it.
- Larger athletes may experience more track skipping or slipping because of the smaller rollers.
- This treadmill’s body has a Z-shaped design which might get in the way of some people who have wider arm swings when running.
- This treadmill is pricey, considering the tech it has. There are other treads in the same price range with more tech and larger screens.
The Sole F80 treadmill stands out as a top choice for home gym enthusiasts looking for a high-quality, feature-rich treadmill.
According to Treadmill Review Guru, it boasts a powerful and quiet motor that can reach speeds of up to 12 mph, making it suitable for users of various fitness levels. The large cushioned running deck provides a comfortable and joint-friendly workout experience, as highlighted by SI.com.
With its commercial-grade design and materials, the Sole F80 offers excellent value at a competitive price point, making it a popular option among fitness enthusiasts, as mentioned on Garage Gym Reviews.
Additionally, the treadmill’s club-quality components and upgraded features, such as a larger screen, contribute to its overall appeal and value, according to Treadmill Reviews. Customers on Amazon also praise the build quality, the quiet motor, and the excellent cushioning of the Sole F80, as stated in the product reviews.
Overall, the Sole F80 treadmill is a reliable and versatile choice for those looking to add a high-performance treadmill to their home gym.
- Dimensions: 66 inches tall, 38 inches wide, 82.5 inches long
- Exercise Emphasis: Running, general fitness
- Highlights: Cushioned running deck, Folds easily, Powerful motor
- Price: $1,899
- The resistance mimics rowing on the water and is a great way to train when you can’t be out on a boat.
- There are over 4,000 online classes, and the instructors and scenic location are incredible.
- Hydrow utilizes virtually silent resistance, so you won’t wake the neighborhood with whooshing and whirring.
- You’re basically required to purchase a monthly membership on top of the already expensive machine to make the most use of it.
- We’d expect a more upscale seat for the cost of the machine.
- There are more cost-effective rowers out there if you don’t want to spend a ton of money, though they may not have the same features.
The Hydrow Wave is a top-of-the-line rowing machine that adds an entirely new dimension to traditional home gym equipment. With immersive HD screens, instructors from all over the world, and unparalleled resistance levels, this rower helps you simulate different water conditions for an intense full-body workout.
Some of the key features of this machine include a patented resistance system, built-in heart rate sensors, and Bluetooth connectivity. The silent belt drive makes it perfect for a home gym because you won’t disturb anyone while using the rower.
The seat is comfortable and ergonomic, but some may find the cushioning to be too firm. You can also easily fold the Hydrow Wave for storage, which is great if you have limited space.
Overall, the Hydrow Wave is a great choice for anyone who wants to recreate a rowing experience at home without having to leave the house or break the bank. Despite its high price tag, this machine offers an incredible workout and immersive experience that you won’t find with any other rower. It’s an excellent choice for any home gym.
- Dimensions: 43 inches tall, 19 inches wide, 80 inches long
- Exercise Emphasis: Rowing, general fitness, resistance training
- Highlights: Smooth magnetic resistance that mimics rowing on water, folds upright for storage
- Price: $1,895
- 210-lb weight stack
- Smooth aluminum pulleys
- 30 handle height options
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Must be bolted down
- Assembly can take a few hours
- Mounting hardware is not included
If you’re just starting your home gym journey and are looking for something lightweight and affordable, the Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack is a great option. This machine offers a full-body workout without taking up too much space in your home gym.
This cable tower features 30 adjustable settings, allowing you to target different muscle groups. The 210-lb weight stack ensures that you’ll be able to progress with your workouts as you get stronger. It also has smooth aluminum pulleys for a seamless workout experience.
The downside is that the machine must be bolted down in order to use it, so if you want to be able to move it around, this isn’t the best option for you. Additionally, the assembly process can take a few hours and mounting hardware is not included.
Overall, the Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack is an excellent choice for anyone just getting started with home gyms. It offers a great range of exercises and is highly adjustable to fit your needs. Plus, it comes with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can rest assured that your machine is built to last.
If you’re looking for an affordable and functional weight cable tower, the Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack would be a great option for your home gym!
- 210lb weight stack
- 33 height settings
- Two handles included
- 2:1 pull ratio
- Rack attachment compatible
- Ships unassembled
- Around $1,200
- Free shipping
- Limited lifetime warranty
What is the best home exercise gym?
The best home gym depends on your needs and budget. If you’re looking for a full-body workout that won’t take up too much space in your home, the Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack is an excellent option. It offers a great range of exercises and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
What is a good brand of home gym equipment?
Bells of Steel is a great brand for home gym equipment. Their Cable Tower with Weight Stack offers an excellent range of exercises and is highly adjustable to fit your needs, plus it comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
What’s the best affordable home gym?
The best affordable home gym is probably the Bells of Steel Cable Tower with Weight Stack. It costs around $1,200 and offers a vast range of exercises plus a limited lifetime warranty. Plus, it ships for free!
Are home gyms a good idea?
Home gyms are an excellent idea, as they allow you to get a great workout in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Plus, many home gyms come with limited lifetime warranties, so you can rest assured that your machine is built to last. It’s important to do research into what type of equipment is best for your needs and budget before investing in a home gym.